The Chemistry master's degree at Temple University is interdisciplinary and flexible, designed to develop your expertise in one of five chemical disciplines. With the option to take classes full or part time, you can earn your degree while still working professionally. You can pursue either a thesis track or program coursework, and both tracks emphasize significant investigation into the chemical sciences. Work toward the Chemistry PhD, or prepare to lead research in biotechnology, environmental science, forensic science, healthcare and more.
You’ll study and perform original and collaborative research in one of the following specific areas of specialization:
- analytical chemistry
- inorganic chemistry
- organic chemistry
- physical chemistry
Though some classes vary between the coursework and thesis tracks, all help you form a deeper understanding of specific areas of study, including environmental chemistry, materials and polymers, medicinal chemistry, nanoscience, photonics and surface science.
Some of the courses in this degree program focus on:
- the key chemical and physical properties of nanomaterials;
- the principles and applications of important physical and spectroscopic methods;
- organic structure and organic reaction mechanisms; and
- quantum mechanics and its application to chemical systems.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Data Analysis and Evidence
- Advanced Instrumental Methods
- Drug Analysis
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry View 433 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test (GRE)
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1514 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1514 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State1159 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1159 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.