Become a highly qualified specialist in the area of quantitative finance and insurance, a field which uses a large array of sophisticated advanced mathematical and statistical models for various applications concerning risk measurement and risk management in finance and insurance.
- Be trained in generic methods for responsible risk management both in finance and in insurance, giving you a competitive advantage on the job market.
- Customize your program with many electives, or specialize yourself in Pensions, Aging and Retirement.
- Ideal stepstone to become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you are eligible to apply for the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following on top of programs:* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
The career prospects for students of this program are excellent. Alumni of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science from Tilburg University work, for example, as risk management consultants, actuaries, and investment analysts at banks, insurance companies, pension funds, consulting agencies, trading firms, and government bodies.
You can also become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you are eligible to apply for the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered the Dutch Actuarial Institute.Graduates work or start for example as:
- Quantitative Risk Consultant at RiskQuest
- Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Actuary at ASR
- Senior Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Empirical Finance (Unit 1)
- Life Cycle Investment and Pension Systems
- Valuation and Risk Management
- Data Science Methods (Unit 3)
- Issues in Finance and Insurance
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomics Decisions
- The Economics and Finance of Pensions
- Decision Making with Business Analytics
- Seminar Financial markets and Institutions
- Financial Statement Analysis (Unit 2)
- Global Banking
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Econometrics Actuarial Science View 46 other Masters in Econometrics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor's degree in Econometrics or a similar qualification from a university recognized by the Admissions Board.
- A solid academic background in mathematics, statistics and economics. Some knowledge of quantitative finance is recommended but not mandatory.
- Demonstrating your English language proficiency is a compulsory qualitative admission requirement for this program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of non-EU partner universities of the Tilburg School of Economics and Management.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.