Why study MSc Public Health at BU?
- Learn about epidemiology and critical evaluation techniques to identify what influences the health of national and international populations and determine their health status and needs
- Formulate your own health solutions, consider the role and function of partnership working to improve public health, as well as critically evaluate health strategies
- You’ll have the opportunity to focus your assignment work on your own specific public health-related interests
- The course attracts students internationally, so you’ll study alongside students from across the world, sharing experiences and widening perspectives on public health issues
- You will be able to apply for student membership of The Royal Society for Public Health
- Choose to study full-time, part-time or take standalone units.
Who is this course suited to?
We welcome professionals from a range of backgrounds, not necessarily in healthcare – past students have included doctors, teachers, nurses, midwives and community public health workers.
Public health involves multi-agency involvement and partnerships and the course is suited to those with interests such as public health, community development, housing, environment, health promotion, transport, environmental health, partnerships, quality improvement and epidemiology.
This course will prepare you for a diverse range of roles in public health due to its focus on developing your research skills and knowledge to underpin public health practice. This includes working in a wide range of areas in governmental and non-governmental organisations in the UK or internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Context & Scope of Public Health
- Epidemiology & Infection
- Public Health Management Strategies
- Health Promotion & Partnership Working
- Exploring & Evaluating Evidence
- Developing a Study Proposal
- Dissertation Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 912 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent. Experience or insight into related work/study/research is usually required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £7,500 (UK, ROI & CI)
- £14,500 (Int'l)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.