The degree's flexible, hybrid format allows full- or part-time study and accommodates students residing outside the Chicago area.
As a student in the Master of Science in Health Services and Outcomes Research (HSOR) program at Northwestern University, you will learn to:
Ultimately, your research will identify more effective ways to organize, finance and deliver patient care to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
The program offers a master's degree and graduate certificates: the Master of Science provides essential methods and topical instruction for conducting independent health services research, and two graduate certificates provide more targeted training for individuals who do not wish to pursue a full master's degree.
- Applied Qualitative Methods and Analysis for Health Researchers
- Topics in Health Services Research: Methods and Measurement
- Quantitative Methods in Health Services and Outcomes Research
- Health Economics and Healthcare Financing
- Ethical Issues in Health Services Research
- Grant Writing
- Intermediate Biostatistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 1933 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Northwestern University Graduate School online application
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. Letters should be submitted electronically via The Graduate School online application. In the recommendation section of the application, applicants enter the details for each letter provider, and the system will send an email prompt to that individual with a link to upload the recommendation letter.
- Writing Sample
- CV: Submit your most recent curriculum vitae via the "Resume" section of The Graduate School online application.
International38686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19343 USD per semester during 12 months.
National38686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19343 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Tuition for part-time enrollment (0.5-2.5 courses) is $6,882 per course unit.
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.