A fundamental purpose of the Dance degree offered by the University of Arizona is to encourage each graduate student to demonstrate outstanding standards of scholarship and to produce high-quality original research and creative work.
The diverse graduate population provides a sense of community in which students can learn from various perspectives. In addition, the close alliance between the graduate and undergraduate students provides an opportunity for graduate students to choreograph on and perform with some of the top undergraduate dance students in the country. The triple-track program allows the graduate student to explore and gain experience, skills, and
School of Dance
Propelled by the work of award winning teachers and choreographers, UA Dance is a diverse program that includes training in ballet, modern and jazz combined with a liberal arts education. The UA Dance Ensemble has performed in the Kennedy Center, The Joyce Theater, in China and Germany, and has toured Ecuador, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Scotland and the Netherlands. Specializing in preparing students for professional performance and teaching careers, UA Dance offers BFA and MFA degree programs. (NASD accredited.)
More informationVisit official programme website
- The graduate curriculum in dance allows the student to focus on teaching, research, choreography or performance for dance. It also provides opportunities for interdisciplinary studies with other arts, humanities and sciences in support of the student’s development as a scholar, teacher and artist.
- The M.F.A. degree has two emphasis areas that allow for intensive focus in performance or choreography. The program facilitates and nurtures dance artists in their area of emphasis while offering a comprehensive graduate education in dance. The M.F.A. degree is 60 units requiring 2-3 years of residency at the University of Arizona. The curriculum includes core courses and dance technique as well as courses in theory and pedagogy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Music Theatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To apply for admission for the graduate program, the candidate must have extensive dance training, hold an undergraduate degree in dance and meet the minimum requirements of the UA Graduate College.
- M.F.A.candidates must apply to the University of Arizona prior to auditioning for the School of Dance.
- The School of Dance office must receive the following applicant materials prior to auditioning:
- -Statement of Purpose letter (a brief and focused essay about one's career or research goals)
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.