A fundamental purpose of the Dance degree offered by the University of Arizona is to encourage each graduate student to demonstrate outstanding standards of scholarship and to produce high-quality original research and creative work.
The diverse graduate population provides a sense of community in which students can learn from various perspectives. In addition, the close alliance between the graduate and undergraduate students provides an opportunity for graduate students to choreograph on and perform with some of the top undergraduate dance students in the country. The triple-track program allows the graduate student to explore and gain experience, skills, and
More informationVisit official programme website
- The graduate curriculum in dance allows the student to focus on teaching, research, choreography or performance for dance. It also provides opportunities for interdisciplinary studies with other arts, humanities and sciences in support of the student’s development as a scholar, teacher and artist.
- The M.F.A. degree has two emphasis areas that allow for intensive focus in performance or choreography. The program facilitates and nurtures dance artists in their area of emphasis while offering a comprehensive graduate education in dance. The M.F.A. degree is 60 units requiring 2-3 years of residency at the University of Arizona. The curriculum includes core courses and dance technique as well as courses in theory and pedagogy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Music Theatre & Dance View 214 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
To apply for admission for the graduate program, the candidate must have extensive dance training, hold an undergraduate degree in dance and meet the minimum requirements of the UA Graduate College.
- M.F.A.candidates must apply to the University of Arizona prior to auditioning for the School of Dance.
- The School of Dance office must receive the following applicant materials prior to auditioning:
- -Statement of Purpose letter (a brief and focused essay about one's career or research goals)
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Only after acceptance can the School of Dance offer graduate support in the form of Teaching Assistantships which include an out-of-state tuition waiver, as well as the possibility of Graduate Tuition Scholarships and/or Graduate College Fellowship Awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.