Biomedical Engineering degree offered by the University of Arizona provides a rigorous education in the time-tested principles, technologies and tools of engineering combined with broad exposure to the ever-expanding modern practice of biomedicine.
BME is an inherently interdisciplinary department with a diverse and highly collaborative faculty. Research and educational connections throughout the university yield extensive opportunities for students to gain the knowledge and experience to pursue careers in industry, academia, medicine and government.
Gain the Skills to Improve Health Care
BME’s educational programs not only deliver a solid theoretical foundation in science and engineering, but also students gain the applied hands-on skills to design and build biomedical devices, instruments and systems.
Acquire the knowledge to contribute to improving health care. Learn how to create better and more cost-effective technologies for prevention, detection and treatment of health-related issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- three Biomedical Engineering core courses
- one Biomedical Engineering focus area course
- two units of BME seminar/student forum
- one unit of Research Methods in Biomedical Engineering
- nine units in graduate engineering, life or physical sciences, or mathematics courses
- six units of BME Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics View 333 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 1-2 page essay or statement of purpose describing your background, research interests and career goals. Include in your statement any information pertinent to your research experience, whether in course work, special projects or employment. Please explain why you want to obtain a graduate degree in Biomedical Engineering and what, specifically, led you to apply to our graduate program. Please upload via GradApp portal.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation from former professors or individuals knowledgeable about your academic and scientific abilities. Students may submit/request additional recommendation letters if desired. Letters of recommendation should be uploaded via the Grad App portal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.