The Department offers a program of study leading to the Master of Arts (MA) degree in Philosophy at California State University Long Beach. Our graduate program offers rigorous philosophical training in a supportive environment.
The Department’s MA program is ideal for those who are looking to be more competitive in pursuing doctoral studies (either in Philosophy or related fields), as well as those looking seeking only a terminal MA.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Continental rationalism
- British empiricism
- Analytic philosophy
- Advanced studies in law, philosophy, and the humanities
- Symbolic logic
- Problems in logic
- Philosophy of language
- Special topics: early philosophy
- Special topics: modern tradition
- Special topics: twentieth century philosophy
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 181 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Applicants must, in addition to satisfying the University requirements, have an academic background that provides evidence of philosophical promise in order to be admitted. Such evidence may include strong GRE scores, a significantly high GPA over the last two years, advanced or honors coursework, or demonstration of research abilities or scholarly commitment.
- Applicants need not have majored or even minored in Philosophy, and in fact we encourage students from all backgrounds to apply.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.