Within Geology at California State University Long Beach, students specialize in any of a number of sub-disciplines including paleoclimatology, environmental geochemistry, geophysics, hydrogeology, mineralogy and petrology, tectonic geomorphology, paleontology.
The Geological Sciences includes the study of the solid earth, the hydrosphere, and the atmosphere. All Earth Science and Geology majors must contact the Undergraduate Advisor prior to the first semester in residence.
The Geological Sciences Department participates in the Southern California Marine Institute for marine geology, oceanography, and seismic studies.
The Department has access to an ocean-going research vessel, support staff, and dockside facilities of the Southern California Marine Institute (SCMI), a consortium of several California State University campuses, University of Southern California, and Occidental College.
- Geophysical Prospector
- Laboratory Assistant
- Soils Engineer
- Environmental Analyst
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- Sedimentary Petrology
- Seminar in Structural Geology and Tectonic
- Tectonic Geomorphology
- California Geology
- Seminar on Mass Extinctions
- Seminar on Integrated Stratigraphy
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Stable Isotopes
- Special Topics in Geology
- Contaminant Hydrogeology
- Physical Hydrology
- Advanced Topics in Sedimentology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeology View 183 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Department Application Form, available from the Department Office
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent
- Official transcripts of all college level academic work including that done at CSULB, in addition to those transcripts required for general graduate admission to CSULB;
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic performance and research potential. Instructions, including forms to be used for these letters, are included in the Department application form
- Official reports of scores on the General test of the Graduate Record Examination.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.