Those individuals who seek to obtain professional certification will find that the program not only meets the state requirements for certification, but has the flexibility to provide for individualized course planning. Individuals who wish to obtain a Masters in education, but are not seeking professional certification will find a program with the ability to be individualized to meet unique professional goals. Whether you are looking for professional certification, or the foundations to become an educator and leader, the Curriculum and Instruction program from State University of New York Potsdam is designed to meet your needs:A. Professional Teaching Certification
This path is designed for students with initial New York State Certification who seek to complete the academic requirements for Professional certification. Each candidate will develop an individualized program of study in collaboration with the candidates adviser.
B. General Education (Alternative Focus Areas for Educators)
Candidates not seeking New York State teaching certification, but are interested in applying educational pedagogy in a variety of classroom/non-classroom contexts, may pursue electives in a particular focal area, or take a handcrafted set of electives based upon student's interests and career goals.
Each student will meet with and design a program that includes educational pedagogy cornerstones such as philosophical foundations, research, curriculum & evaluation, technology in education, and more. Further, a culminating research project is designed to assist the student with synthesizing the fundamental concepts of education into a skillset that can be utilized immediately in the workplace. Review the option "B" advising form here to understand the course layout and options.
- Curriculum and Evaluation
- Using Spreadsheets in Teaching School Mathematics
- Topics in Mathematics for Elementary Teachers
- Diversity & Advocacy in Education
- Integrating the Arts into the Elementary Classroom
- Creative & Affective Experiences in Early Childhood
- Creative Problem Solving – Mathematics
- Teaching Mathematics in a Technological World
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3686 other Masters in Education in United States
- Evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. International students should consult the International Graduate Student page for information on U.S. Equivalency guidelines. An unofficial transcript may be submitted for the purpose of obtaining an admissions decision.
- International students where English is not their primary language must refer to the International Graduate Student page to obtain information about important requirements regarding English language proficiency.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 GPA in the most recent 60 credit hours
International22650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11325 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National22650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11325 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5545 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.