The Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies at The Ohio State University offers MA and PhD degrees in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, as well as a graduate minor. Graduate students are part of a challenging environment with unique opportunities for teaching and research. Students have the opportunity to work with some of the finest feminist scholars in the country.
The Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies is an interdisciplinary field of research that focuses on gender. Students learn about the ways in which gender functions as a socially and culturally constructed phenomenon that affects personal lives, artistic expression, social relationships, politics, and the ways individuals think about themselves and the world. Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies considers the ways that class, race, ethnicity, sexuality, (dis)ability, and age shape experience. The department integrates scholarship and methodology from the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and legal studies in order to teach students how to approach questions from multiple perspectives.
The Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies degree from The Ohio State University also prepares students to continue within academia, pursuing either professional degrees or PhD work in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies or a related field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Feminist Studies
- Feminist Inquiry
- Feminist Pedagogy
- Feminist Inquiry: Methods
- Research & Writing Workshop
- Topics in Feminist Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 71 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International39325 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39325 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National36009 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36009 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12425 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.