Growth chambers and greenhouses are on the campus, and there are three main field stations near Ithaca. Some members of the field are staff members at the Robert W. Holley Center for Agriculture and Health or the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, both of which are on campus.
This master degree in Soil and Crop Sciences is offered by Cornell University. Many of the faculty members have research programs concerning international agricultural and environmental issues in tropical and subtropical regions. A limited number of students can do most or all of their research overseas.
Field Crop Science covers a wide spectrum, from field-scale applied projects to cell physiology and biotechnology. Studies seek to improve crop productivity and quality, both nationally and internationally, and to identify physiological factors that could be improved through plant breeding or genetic engineering.
Soil Science focuses on the processes and properties of the soil environment. It emphasizes improving the suitability of soil for crop growth while preserving its value as a natural resource by using ecologically sound approaches.
- Recognize and apply fundamental concepts from Soil and Crop Sciences
- Synthesize existing knowledge, identifying and applying appropriate resources and critically analyzing and evaluating one’s own findings and those of others
- Recognize and apply existing research methodologies, techniques, and technical skills
- Communicate research findings through publishing in scholarly literature and oral presentations in professional settings
More informationVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject
- environmental information science
- field crop science
- soil science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSoil Science Agriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 28 other Masters in Soil Science in United States
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- two recommendations
- GRE general test for U.S. applicants recommended (advised for non-U.S. citizens and all applicants seeking financial support)
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.