Students gain an understanding of the political processes through which issues, problems, and policies are formulated; the economic basis for government action in a market economy; and the comparative and historical contexts of governmental programs. This program is available at Cornell University.
Students study public budgets, finance, and regulatory processes, as well as the behavior of both public and private organizations and their management. Students also gain competence in the qualitative and quantitative methods needed to analyze programs and policies, and develop sensitivity to the moral and ethical dimensions of policy issues.1
M.P.A. Program The two-year Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) program consists of sixteen courses; students typically take four courses per term for four semesters. The M.P.A. program offers a basic structure for study, however, each CIPA Fellow (student) works closely with a faculty advisor to design an individualized program based on the student's specific area of interest. Elective courses and research opportunities may be taken through the program in any department or college in the university.
- Specialized Public Policy Subject Matter Competence
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
- Writing Skills
- Group Work, Management and Leadership Skills
- Communication and Presentation Skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject
- economic and financial policy
- environmental policy
- government, politics, and policy studies
- human rights and social justice
- international development studies
- public and nonprofit management
- science and technology policy
- science, technology and infrastructure policy
- social policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Public Relations View 316 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- GRE general test
- a statement of purpose
- current resume
- three letters of recommendation
- for ESL students only: Internet-based test version of the TOEFL: writing 20, listening 15, reading 20, speaking 22; computer-based TOEFL minimum: 250; paper-based: 600
International38354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38354 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National38354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38354 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.