Epidemiology at University of California, Berkeley is concerned with the study of factors that determine the distribution of health and disease in human populations.
The purposes of epidemiological research are to discover the causes of disease, to advance and evaluate methods of disease prevention, and to aid in planning and evaluating the effectiveness of public health programs. Epidemiologists are interested in the study of infectious and noninfectious diseases. In recent years, they have turned their attention increasingly toward the study of conditions affected by forces in the social and physical environment.
- Our master’s of science program is a two-year program.
- This program differs from our master’s in public health program in that students emphasize their depth of course work in one or more basic science areas complementary to epidemiologic research and are not required to take the breadth courses in public health.
- Students must complete at least 24 credits of courses in epidemiology and biostatistics, complete a minimum of three months of epidemiological research, and complete 48 units overall. In addition, a master’s capstone paper is required.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Management Health Sciences View 885 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale; and
- enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: The application fee is not refundable. If you are a U.S. citizen or current permanent resident, the application fee is $105; for all others, the fee is $125.
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.