We encourage our students to become their own scholars, finding their place in the larger study of communication processes and effects by working with multiple faculty across specializations and using multiple methods. We also have state-of-the-art facilities that allow for a broad range of research.
The School of Communication emphasizes the interconnectedness of various subfields in communication in our focus areas, including:
- Communication technology and society
- Health communication and social influence
- Mass communication uses and effects
- Political communication and public opinion
The School of Communication funds nearly every student we admit to our MA and PhD programs with either a graduate associateship or some form of graduate fellowship. The Communication program is offered by The Ohio State University.
- Communication in Society
- History of Communication
- Principles of Effective Public Speaking
- Business and Professional Speaking
- Qualitative Research
- News Design
- Journalism Workshop
- Media Writing and Editing
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 559 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International38181 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38181 USD per year and a duration of 10 months.
National34929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34929 USD per year and a duration of 10 months.
In-State12425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12425 USD per year and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.