The critical skills learned from this curriculum will ensure that managers in the government, nonprofit, and health care sectors exercise governance in an inclusive and socially responsible manner.
- The purpose of the Public Administration programs at California State University, Bakersfield is to prepare competent, ethical and effective public, nonprofit, and health care managers and leaders to advance the public service.
- Consistent with, and in addition to, established university academic performance and student conduct standards for undergraduates, those admitted, retained, and awarded degrees must possess and demonstrate academic and professional integrity in all activities to inspire public confidence and trust in public service.
- Undergraduate students without experience in public service or administration are required to complete a service learning requirement.
- Analytical Methods in Administration
- Survey of Public Administration
- Program Evaluation
- The Public Policy-Making Process
- Managed Health Care
- Economic Issues in Health and Health Care
- Management in Non-Profit Organizations
- Fundamentals of Grant Writing
- State, Local, and Intergovernmental Management
- Administrative Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 690 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: official transcripts from all college/university work
- Transcripts from a college/university outside of the U.S. will require a course-by course analysis
- Affidavit of financial support
- Insurance agreement form
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A statement of purpose
- Current professional resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from former professors
International13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
National13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8932 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.