The Master of Arts in English at California State University, Bakersfield provides the following:
- a carefully planned and integrated program ensuring a foundation of professional skills through a common core of courses;
- some uniform degree of coverage in British and American literature;
- more intensive training in reading, critical analysis, research, and writing than is possible in undergraduate work;
- breadth through an emphasis on the fields of literature, language, and composition.
- Methods of Scholarly Research
- Approaches to the Analysis of Writing
- Problems in the Instruction of Composition Skills
- Writing in a Second Language
- Teaching Basic Writers
- Theories of English Grammar
- History of the English Language
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 835 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: official transcripts from all college/university work
- Transcripts from a college/university outside of the U.S. will require a course-by course analysis
- Affidavit of financial support
- Insurance agreement form
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A statement of purpose
- Current professional resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from former professors
International13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
National13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8932 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.