Designed for both new graduates and those already employed in the public sector seeking advancement, the MPA program in the Department of Public Management provides students with the opportunity to increase knowledge and gain the skills necessary to take on challenging assignments in budgeting, planning, public policy formulation, public finance, public personnel administration, and collective bargaining.
The interdisciplinary Public Administration program at University of New Haven offers fourteen courses — nine required courses and five elective or concentration courses. You may also elect to take courses in management, criminal justice, fire science, psychology, economics, and more.
The MPA program is designed to provide exceptional flexibility for our students:
- Classes in the regular, main campus schedule meet on weeknights to accommodate working students. The regular graduate schedule follows a fifteen-week semester format. Online and weekend classes are available.
- Students can choose from six concentrations: fire and emergency medical services, municipal management, nonprofit management, public financial management, public safety, and general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Personnel Administration and Collective Bargaining in the Public Sector
- Administrative Behavior
- Political Economy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 514 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International965 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 12 months.
National965 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.