Both Biomedical Engineering programs at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute offer the students a significant amount of additional breadth and depth over a B.S. degree.
- The coursework requirements for a Ph.D. and a Master degree are similar, but the Ph.D. program involves a substantially larger amount of research than the M.S./M.Eng. program.
- Master degrees commonly require 1-1.5 years to complete while students usually spend 4-5 years in the PhD program. It is not required to have completed a Master degree prior to obtaining a Ph.D. Admissions requirements are the same for all graduate programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Biomedical Engineering Department offers two different routes for Master's degrees: (1) The Master of Science (M.S.) is a Master's degree that requires a thesis and (2) the Master of Engineering (M.Eng) is a coursework-only Master's degree.
- The M.Eng. is generally recommended for students who do not plan further graduate studies. Pursuing a M.S. is advised for students who have a strong interest in research or plan to obtain a higher graduate degree.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 284 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form (IT only)
- Transcripts and Degrees
- GRE/GMAT Scores
International55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.