Music is a global language, and as a music educator you’ll shape lives and strengthen the bonds of understanding between others, whether you choose a career as an elementary music specialist, as a band, choir or orchestra director at the middle or high school level, as a music director at a church or as a private instructor.
You can also consider a master’s degree in music education for advanced specialization.
Learn new skills in the classroom and still enjoy time to explore your own interests as an artist.
Texas Christian University's Music Education graduates find positions after graduation. We’ll be with you throughout your journey. A music education faculty member will work with you to choose the right combination of courses, internships and service projects to achieve your dreams.
- Psychology of Music
- Philosophy of Music Education
- Special Problems in Music Education
- Education Courses
- Bibliography and Research Techniques
- Music Theory
- Linear Analysis
- Analysis of Music: 1880-1950
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 3571 other Masters in Education in United States
- To be admitted to the MM/MME degree programs, students must possess a Bachelor of Music or its equivalent, with a major in the area of proposed graduate study, including sophomore-level credit in an approved foreign language in the case of prospective majors in musicology, theory, composition, voice, or voice pedagogy. For admission, the student must have satisfactory undergraduate preparation for the particular degree sought which includes at least a “B” average in all undergraduate work and satisfactory scores on the appropriate tests required by the school/college.
- Complete the TCU College of Fine Arts Graduate Studies Application.
- Complete the TCU School of Music Graduate Audition Request Application. An additional $30 application fee is required for this application.
- CV or résumé.
- Three current letters of reference
- Audition Video/Recording
International32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 12 months.
National32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32220 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.