Music education majors must earn a minimum of 32 hours in approved graduate courses, with at least half of the courses, where appropriate, in the principal field of instrumental, choral or general music. This degree is designed to strengthen musical scholarship and performance, to promote philosophical and psychological understanding in music education, and to provide opportunities to explore specific interests of the individual student through special topics courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Music
- Philosophy of Music Education
- Special Problems in Music Education
- Bibliography and Research Techniques
- Analysis of Contemporary Music
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- Complete the TCU College of Fine Arts Graduate Studies Application.
- Complete the TCU School of Music Graduate Audition Request Application. An additional $30 application fee is required for this application.
- On a separate piece of paper, provide a personal statement of your experience and vocational goals, and discuss how the program at TCU can help you achieve those goals.
- CV or résumé.
- Three current letters of reference.
- Audition Video/Recording – required audition pre-screening recording(s).
- Have TWO complete OFFICIAL transcripts mailed directly from the Registrar’s Office.
- Music Theory Diagnostic Exam
- Official TOEFL Score
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required.
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.