Texas Christian University, Biology
We are a student-centered department committed to the teacher-scholar model. Teaching is central to our department’s mission; we hire faculty who are passionate about teaching and highly trained in their area of teaching specialty. We train our majors broadly across all areas of biology from the biomedical to the ecological using an evolution-centered curriculum.Students enter our graduate program because of a variety of reasons. They may want to pursue a career in academia or a professional career that requires additional training (e.g., consulting). Some want to enhance their opportunities for promotion in their chosen profession, or simply want to learn more about the exciting work going on at the forefront of the field of biology.
More informationVisit official programme website
Graduate students in biology can select from courses in biology, psychology, physics, and environmental studies.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 883 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts of all colleges attended
- Personal Statement of Purpose (upload via the the online appication. Essay – 1,000 words or less, that describes your motivation and goals for graduate study, career ambitions, and the specific ways TCU may fit those.)
- GRE/TOEFL scores (input scores in Testing Information section in the online application, then request ETS to send official scores to TCU Graduate Studies, institutional code 6820) [Requirement for GRE is a minimum score of 300 (new scale) or 1000 (old scale); TOEFL is a minimum score of 80 IBT.]
- Application fee of $60 (payment via online application.)
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
The Department of Biology offers several Teaching Assistantships on a competitive basis. Potential teaching ability of the applicant is also considered.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.