We offer a master degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. These facilities vary widely in nature, size and scope: space launching facilities, offshore structures, bridges, buildings, tunnels, highways, transit systems, dams, airports, irrigation projects, treatment and distribution facilities for water and collection and treatment facilities for wastewater.
- Civil engineers use sophisticated technology and employ computer-aided engineering during project phases of design, construction, project scheduling and cost control.
- Civil engineers are problem solvers involved in community development and improvement. They meet the challenges of pollution, deteriorating infrastructure, traffic congestion, energy needs, floods, earthquakes, urban redevelopment and community planning. The opportunity for creativity is unlimited.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The civil engineering program at UAF began in 1922, had its first graduate in 1931 and since has graduated more than 800 men and women.
- Many of these graduates work in Alaska’s cities, towns and villages in a wide range of responsible positions. More than 60 percent of Alaska’s professional engineers practice in civil engineering.
- The UAF civil engineering program has been accredited since 1940 by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. All engineering programs in the department give special attention to problems of Northern regions.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 414 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.