The Computer Science Department’s graduate program from the University of California, Santa Barbara is designed for preparing the future leaders of this exciting and dynamic discipline. The Computer Science Department at the University of California, Santa Barbara offers an excellent environment for research and education in all major areas of computing.
Through research, courses, and special topic seminars, graduate students have a high degree of interaction with the department's excellent, world-renowned faculty, as well as opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
Bioengineering; Cognitive Science; Computational Science & Engineering; Technology & Society (Ph.D. only)
- Course offerings in the graduate program reflect emphases in the computing foundations, systems, and applications. One of the most important aspects of the program is the wealth of 'hands-on' research opportunities for students.
- Graduate students have access to specialized research facilities in Bioinformatics, Cloud Computing, Computational Science and Engineering, Computer Architecture, Computer Science Education, Data Mining and Machine Learning, Databases, Foundations and Algorithms, Human Computer Interaction, Intelligent and Interactive Systems, Networking, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Security, Software Engineering, Wireless Networking, and Vision.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 475 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose, Personal Achievements/Contributions, and Resume or CV (Submitted in the online application)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Submitted online)
- Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (Submitted online)
- GRE General test scores
- TOEFL scores 600 Paper-Based Test (PBT), 100 Internet-Based Test (IBT) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Overall Band score of 7 or higher (if applicable)
- Final/Official transcripts will be required for all applicants who are admitted and have indicated their intent to enroll at UC Santa Barbara by submitting a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
International12570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12570 USD per year during 12 months.
National12570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12570 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Barbara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.