The emphasis of this Applied Mathematics program from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is on mathematics and how it is employed to study science, engineering, or management problems. It stresses construction, analysis, and evaluation of mathematical models of real-world problems, and those areas of mathematics that are most widely used to solve them.
The requirements for this degree allow students to prepare for entry into the Ph.D. program in applied mathematics or for employment in business, industry, or government.
Solve Real World Problems.
- From the precise mechanics of the inner workings of living cells, to predicting how fluids and structures interact, Rensselaer mathematicians are continuing an establish tradition of harnessing mathematics to support engineering and scientific pursuits for the good of our 21st-century world.
- The tools of investigation in many areas of modern biology have grown to be increasingly quantitative and reliant on other sciences, particularly mathematics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first thing you should note about your requirements is that we have two M.S. programs at Rensselaer. Be sure your courses match the program you wish to be in.
- The second thing to note is the Capstone Professional Experience. New York State requires such an experience for every M.S. degree.
- You may want to consider transferring in credits you have earned elsewhere. You are allowed to transfer up to 6 credits.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics View 143 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form (IT only)
- Transcripts and Degrees
- GRE/GMAT Scores
International55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55600 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.