This includes research design and conduct, data analysis and policy analysis, communications, program planning and administration, public health systems and the organization of health services in the United States and Latin America, recognition and analysis of ethical issues in public health and professional practice, the needs of special populations and the integration of these core disciplines in public health decision making.
Students in the Public Health program at University of Miami take core courses and select electives from among the five divisions allowing the flexibility to either focus on one or more public health areas depending on academic and professional goals. The program culminates with a Capstone Project in which students apply public health fieldwork and academic theory to a project with a public health impact.
The mission of the Graduate Programs in Public Health is to develop leaders who can translate knowledge into policy and practice to promote health and prevent disease in human populations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Medical Biostatistics
- Health Education and Behavior
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Administration
- Environment and Public Health
- Epidemiology and Population Health Sciences
- Health Services Policy and Research
- Prevention Science and Community Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 937 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- All applicants are required to pay a fee for use of the SOPHAS application service. The fee schedule can be found here. SOPHAS provides a limited number of application fee waivers and are granted on a first come first serve basis. Please contact SOPHAS directly if you have questions regarding application fees.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree conferred before the intended program start date.
- All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) using the ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation service.
- Applicants are required to submit GRE general test scores taken within the last five years.
International2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.