- Environmental science is an inherently interdisciplinary endeavor, but this term does not have the same meaning to everyone. The comprehensive scope and flexibility of our new MEES curriculum offered by the University of Maryland Eastern Shore leverages the full breadth of environmental sciences at partner campuses across the University System of Maryland, from the social sciences to molecular ecology. This provides students with a highly personalized training. Students work closely with faculty to develop an individually tailored program of study en route to a research-based master's or doctoral degree.
- All students receive training in quantitative approaches and professional development, and are exposed to a variety of interdisciplinary issues. In all cases, you will learn to synthesize the best environmental science approaches in your own unique way to address the world’s most difficult environmental problems. Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences alumni enter a diversity of fields in academia, government agencies, non-governmental organizations and private industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine & Estuarine Ecology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Environmental Endocrinology
- Adaptations to the Marine Environment
- Community Ecology
- Population Ecology
- Ichthyology Laboratory
- Fish Physiology
- Advanced Environmental Chemistry
- Applied Water Chemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Computer Methods in Statistics
- Restoration Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries Ecology Environmental Sciences View 166 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- A brief essay clearly defining areas of research interest and research objectives (preferably including the Foundation of interest). The essay should not be in outline form.
- A current CV or resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the academic work of the applicant.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores *Optional
- International Applicants: Most international applicants will be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS exam scores.
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 322 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.