In our academic master’s program, you’ll examine media and communication from every angle, with interdisciplinary coursework spanning ethics, law, philosophy, sociology, and politics.
- In the Communication and Media Studies program from the University of Oregon, you’ll study under the guidance of leading researchers who are breaking ground in areas like global media, emerging technologies, and social change. And you’ll develop the skills to continue your graduate studies or launch a career in business, government, or nonprofit work.
- Our master’s students develop valuable analytical and research skills that set them apart in any field. A media studies degree offers a solid foundation that can springboard you into academia or a career in media, government, law, or nonprofit work. The master’s program is also aligned with the SOJC’s Communications and Media Studies PhD.
The University of Oregon is a member of the exclusiveAssociation of American Universities(AAU).The Lundquist College of Business and the Accounting department are both accredited by theAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business(AACSB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mass Communication and Society
- Media Theory
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Conceptual Course
- Terminal Project
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 279 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- Resumé or CV
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores
- Proof of Financial Support
- Proof of Language Proficiency
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 21 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 21 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 21 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.