The Higher Education/Student Personnel program at the University of Mississippi fosters a strong theoretical understanding of the underpinnings of college and university function, including the functions around student life. This program also provides professional preparation through practicum and graduate assistantship opportunities for those seeking full-time enrollment.
The program is designed for those who seek to work at a college or university in different administrative roles, such as financial aid, housing, or other areas of postsecondary education.
- As a blended program that addresses both student affairs and other administrative functions in higher education, graduates from this program have found careers in a variety of areas. Examples include financial aid officer, Greek Life, student discipline, programming, residence life, institutional fundraising, admissions, campus recreation, and career services.
- In addition to Mississippi institutions including The University of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Southern, Jackson State, and Mississippi College, other institutions that have hired our graduates in recent years include Florida State, Cornell, Oregon State, Trinity College (San Antonio), Purdue, Arizona State, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, and others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The on-campus program does offer some online courses, but the vast majority utilizes the traditional face-to-face courses, typically meeting one day per week.
- For those individuals who already work at college or university, including community colleges, the program does offer a fully online program that utilizes a cohort model.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4076 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting bank statement], may be submitted later; required only of those who will hold F-1 or J-1 visa status.
- International Student Transfer Eligibility Form]. May be submitted later, and is required of F-1 and J-1 visa holding students who are transferring to the University of Mississippi from academic institutions within the USA only!
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.