The University of Houston Public Administration program focuses on the management side in the public sector.
The total core curriculum consists of eight courses or 26 hours. Three of the remaining four courses are electives oriented to your specialization. The Capstone Problem Project, PUBL 6325, is the final course. This results in an overall total of 12 courses or 38 hours for the MPA degree. The electives are tailored to the students’ specialty needs. A full time student should be able to complete the coursework in two school years.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Administrative Theory
- Fundamentals of policy analysis
- Public Finance
- Quantitive Methods
- Public administration and Policy Implementation
- Budgeting for Public Agencies
- Urban Management
- Decision Science in Public Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 515 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
MPA specific admission requirements:
- A statement of purpose for pursuing an MPA degree
- Three letters of reference (there is no specific form)
- Two hard copies of official transcripts from each university attended
- A completed application form
- Official copy of scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
International910 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 910 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National910 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 910 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State401 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 401 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.