Petroleum Engineering involves the technology of economically developing and producing subterranean reservoirs of oil, gas, steam, and hot water and designing underground waste disposal facilities. This technology relies on basic concepts of physics, chemistry, mathematics, geology, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and economics.Because more than 300 products are derived from petroleum, it has become a vital part of our everyday life. The petroleum industry is one of the largest and most prominent in the United States today, and the companies involved are dependent on the services of petroleum engineers to explore, discover, and produce oil and gas to meet energy needs.
The University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering's Petroleum Engineering program is one of the oldest in the country with considerable industry support and interaction. Its assets are numerous - the advantages of a relatively small, friendly program, combined with the University's impressive academic and research facilities; its proximity to major oil fields in California; and a quality education provided by experienced and nationally renowned faculty.
- Engineering and Economic Evaluation of Subsurface Reservoirs
- Numerical Simulation of Subsurface Flow and Transport Processes
- Testing of Wells and Aquifers
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Well Completion, Stimulation, and Damage
- Fluid Flow and Transport Processes in Porous Media.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesMining, Oil & Gas View 29 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United States
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test:
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Required)
- Statement of Purpose (Required)
- Résumé or CV (required).
- English Language Proficiency: In addition to the general admission criteria listed above, international students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination to be considered a candidate for admission.
International2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.