Bioengineering focuses on the application of advanced technology to solve complex biologic problems. Through this master’s program, you’ll gain the credentials to claim expert status in areas ranging from tissue engineering to biomechanics and bioelectronics.
The Bioengineering program at Temple University can be pursued through a customized area of specialization. Interdisciplinary collaboration is encouraged with faculty in- and outside the College of Engineering. Students have worked with researchers in Temple’s Fox Chase Cancer Center, Katz School of Medicine, Kornberg School of Dentistry, and College of Science and Technology.
Graduates with the M.S.Bioe. degree are employed in a variety of biomedical industries ranging from device manufacturers to design engineering. Other possibilities include careers in government, either in regulatory agencies or with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Students who complete the M.S.Bioe. degree with a thesis are prepared to enter a doctoral program.
- Bioengineering Graduate Seminar
- Engineering Mathematics
- Biomedical Imaging
- Regenerative Engineering
- Cell Biology for Engineers
- Systems Physiology for Engineers
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 365 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: Students not adequately prepared for advanced courses may be required to take a number of prerequisites.
- Statement of Goals: Describe your relevant technical experiences and career goals in one to two pages
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International46380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1546 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1546 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State35520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1184 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.