The Architecture curriculum at Temple University is centered on design studios that require the synthesis and application of knowledge from other coursework. Seminars in building technology, history/theory, professional practice, and research address questions in tandem with design studios. Elective courses allow students to pursue specializations with focus and intent. Together, the architecture courses satisfy professional accreditation requirements. During the final year of study, students have the opportunity to pursue a self-directed research and design thesis.
The Master of Architecture is an accredited professional degree program that prepares students for a career as a professional architect. Because this is an urban program located centrally in Philadelphia, engagement with the local professional community is a primary characteristic of the program. During their time in the program, students are provided with many opportunities to engage with members of the profession through design critiques and mentorship initiatives.
- Form and Function in Health and Environments
- Graduate Design Foundation Intensive
- Health Facilities Practice and Management.
- Project Planning and Programming
- Facilities Workshop
- Current Topics in Materials and Design
- Architectural History: Ancient through Renaissance
- Materials and Methods of Construction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 422 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Standardized Test Scores
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: The M.Arch. program has three tracks: a +1 accelerated track, a two-year 60-credit track, and a three-year track, up to 90 credits.
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your reason for pursuing a degree in Architecture; your interest in Temple's program in particular; and your aspirations and future career goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
National45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.