This rigorous four-semester program in Applied Developmental Psychology at the University of Pittsburgh blends challenging coursework with community-based practice making graduates stand out in the job field.
Through a blend of research and professional practice training, students in this vital field acquire competencies and expertise in applying knowledge of development and evidence-based practices to address real-world problems in real-world settings.
Applied developmentalists are experts in interdisciplinary collaboration; they use their knowledge of current research and evidence-based methods to design, implement, and evaluate innovative interventions and programs for children, youth and families; they emphasize principles of positive psychology to promote the success of all children and youth, especially those who are at developmental risk and/or have developmental/learning difficulties.
- Community-based program Administrators, Directors and Supervisors
- Developmental Specialists
- Child and Youth Advocate
- Home Visitors
- Behavior Specialist Consultants (BSCs)
- Youth Workers
- Child Life Specialists
- Behavioral Health Specialists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics 1: Descriptive And Inferential Statistics
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Child And Youth Work
- Characteristics And Interventions
- Applied Research Design
- Psychosocial Aspects Of Illness
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling Admissions; Child Life Priority given to applications received by March 1.
DisciplinesPsychology View 995 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card.
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from every institution previously attended.
- Any courses that you took or degrees that you earned from the University of Pittsburgh after 2008 do not need to be sent. Our office can obtain these transcripts internally.
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19949 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19949 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11765 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.