Programs of study in this option must include coursework from a minimum of two programs. This degree program is not applicable for teacher licensure.
Students pursuing degrees in this program area will have an Advisory Committee, which consists of faculty from at least two departments. The Advisory Committee will meet with the student and approve the program of study.
Most of the courses in this program are offered in the evening and some are offered online allowing for flexible completion of the program.
- Research Design and Interpretation
- Advanced Human Development and Learning
- Directed Research Project
- Critical Issues in Education
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 95 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- a completed graduate student application form;
- admission test scores (a photocopy will suffice to accommodate the evaluation process but applicants must instruct the testing service to supply official copies);
- official transcripts reflecting all baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate work including degrees earned;
- payment of a non-refundable application fee of $40.00;
- a letter of intent or essay, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
- three letters of recommendation, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
- a vita or resume, if required by the program (See Degrees & Programs);
International1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
The annual Graduate Studies Endowment Scholarships in honor of Drs. C. Robert Waterman, Helen Wilson and Robert McRae will be awarded in the spring. Outstanding graduate students will receive $1,000 each for the academic year as Waterman, Wilson and McRae Scholars. Need or current financial aid will not be considered in making these awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.