While other engineering disciplines tend to apply skills to very specific areas, Industrial Engineers may be found working everywhere: from traditional manufacturing companies to airlines, from distribution companies to financial institutions, from major medical establishments to consulting companies, from high-tech corporations to companies in the food industry.
The Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh is a STEM designated degree program. To learn more about Industrial Engineering’s Undergraduate Program ABET Accreditation, click here. Our department is the proud home of Pitt's Center for Industry Studies, which supports multidisciplinary research that links scholars to some of the most important and challenging problems faced by modern industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- It is highly flexible and requires a minimum of 30 credits of graduate study.
- It can be completed either with or without a thesis option. We also offer a joint degree MSIE-MBA as well as a joint degree MSIE-MSSCM program in cooperation with the Katz Graduate School of Business, both of which can be completed in two years or less.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 236 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters Of Reference: Applicants must have their reference letters submitted electronically as part of the on-line admissions application process.
- Interviews: It is recommended that PhD applicants have an interview with a faculty member; however, this is not a requirement for admission.
- Transcripts: Applicants are required to upload academic records from each academic institution (undergraduate and/or graduate) attended.
- GRE Scores: GRE scores are optional only for applicants to the part-time Master’s program who have an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university.
International44996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44996 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National44996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44996 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State27010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27010 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.