Advanced training in Environmental Sciences at the University of California, Riverside is becoming increasingly necessary to address complex problems involving natural resources and environmental quality.
Although this task frequently requires specialized knowledge in various fields of science, it also requires understanding and integration of a wide variety of interacting physical, chemical, biological, and societal influences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This interaction makes graduate study in environmental sciences distinct from many other scientific fields.
- We have designed our program to offer graduate training in specialized focus areas of Atmospheric Sciences, Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Environmental Microbiology, Hydrologic Sciences, and Soil and Water Sciences within environmental sciences, operating within a single graduate degree program administered by the Department of Environmental Sciences.
- Students trained in the Environmental Sciences Graduate Program can fill many areas of expertise needed in the state and nation. Potential career opportunities exist at regulatory agencies, consulting firms, government and academic research institutions, and industrial research facilities.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 439 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California.
- A minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or B-equivalent (if GPA is not on a 4.0 scale). We recommend that you check with the graduate program as they may have a higher standard for their GPA requirements. If your GPA is below this, follow up with the graduate program you are interested. Applications are reviewed in their entirety and the program can look at your other components and advise you on potential admission.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval. Please visit your the graduate program's website you are interested in for any program specific requirements.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.