The Master of Public Policy at The University of Tokyo internationally competitive curriculum is bolstered with an academic environment unique to Japan. In addition, the option of enrolling in a Double Degree Program provides students with the opportunity of pursuing a degree at both the University of Tokyo and other world-class Graduate Schools. MPP/IP provides an environment where students can broaden their horizon through the Double Degree Program or through courses that address Asia-specific issues.
With scholarship opportunities provided by:
- the World Bank
- the Asian Development Bank
- the International Monetary Fund, students from abroad, especially from the Asian region, can receive financial support.
- Political Science
- Modern Japanese Diplomacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesInternational Development View 6 other Masters in International Development in Japan
- Application form
- Proof of Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Research work conducted by the applicant, such as a Bachelor's thesis, Honor's thesis or equivalent
- (graduates of Bachelor's programs with no research component will be given an essay assignment at the
- time of shortlisting)
- Proof of citizenship
- Two letters of recommendation by university academics
- Passport-sized photographs
- Proof of Examination Fee payment (the details regarding Examination Fee will be sent out at the time of shortlisting)
International4965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4965 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4965 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 535,800 yen/year
Successful applicants for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP), the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) and Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JISPA) will be awarded funding covering all tuition and admission fees, as well as housing and subsistence allowance. Travel expenses between the awardees’ home countries and Tokyo will also be provided.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.