The Environmental Health Sciences program of University of California, Irvine (UCI) is integrative – students in the M.S. program take courses in exposure science, toxicology, epidemiology and statistics. This broad grounding in environmental health sciences prepares our students to understand the variety of methods and perspectives that can be applied to environmental health research problems. We are interdisciplinary and collaborative.
Our students and faculty are conducting research on:
- Effects of particulate matter air pollution on the cardiovascular system, nervous system, reproductive system, pregnancy outcomes, and cancer.
- How ionizing radiation for brain tumor therapy on earth or from galactic cosmic rays in space adversely affects cognition and ovarian function and protective countermeasures that could prevent these effects
- Potentiating effects of copper in drinking water on Alzheimer’s disease progression
- Estimation of individual exposures and health effects in communities with drinking water contaminated with perchloroethylene or perfluorooctanoate
- how swimming in the ocean affects the skin microbiome.
More informationVisit official programme website
Case Studies in Environmental Toxicology
Principles of Environmental Toxicology
A-B Target Organ Toxicology
Environmental Health Sciences I: Introduction to Environmental Health Science
Human Exposure to Environmental Contaminants
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 1073 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Application Fee
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Supplemental Materials
International21884 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10942 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3814 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.