The Genetic Counseling program of University of California, Irvine (UCI) is one of the pioneers in genetic counseling education, beginning in 1973 as one of the first six programs in the nation.
Graduates are eligible to apply for certification by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) and for licensure in states that have implemented licensure.
Program alumni are employed in academic and private medical centers, research, education, industry, and public health, and maintain a strong network of support.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Genetic counseling theory
- Medical genetics
- Quantitative genetics
- Teratology and embryology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Counselling Genetics View 891 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Coursework in the biological and behavioral sciences, particularly in: Genetics, biochemistry, Molecular biology and cell biology, Human anatomy or embryology, Biochemistry, Psychology and human development, Statistics or research design
- Extracurricular or employment experiences
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduate admission
- GRE scores
- Transcripts should be submitted from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation is required
International32828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32828 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32828 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17726 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.