The traditional master’s in Systems Engineering and Management degree at University of Texas at Dallas is aimed toward the student who can enroll in classes offered in the daytime during the week. The broad curriculum of classes range from systems modeling to business economics. Faculty for the primary SEM courses are drawn from both the engineering and management schools, other UT Dallas schools, and industry leaders with expertise in specific fields. Industry partners include Texas Instruments, Raytheon, Hewlett-Packard, Rockwell Collins, Ericsson and others.
The traditional master’s in SEM degree requires 36 hours of coursework, or 30 hours of coursework and a thesis. Typical students have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, math, physics, chemistry, economics, or finance.
Who are the faculty?
Faculty for the primary SEM courses are drawn from both the engineering and management schools, other UT Dallas schools, and industry leaders with expertise in specific fields.
Is the program flexible?
Yes! There are numerous concentrations – or academic areas of emphasis – from which to select when planning your degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Engineering, Architecture and Design
- Dynamics of Complex Networks and Systems
- Quantitative Introduction to Risk and Uncertainty in Business
- Risk and Decision Analysis
- Optimization Theory and Practice
- Engineering Systems: Modeling and Simulation
- Linear Systems
- Software Maintenance, Evolution and Re-Engineering
- Advanced Requirements Engineering
- Software Testing, Validation and Verification
- Financial Engineering
- Research In Systems Engineering and Management
- Special Topics in Systems Engineering and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1708 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.