About the Program
The department offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in biomedical engineering, and a combined M.D./Ph.D. degree in conjunction with the UCI College of Medicine. There are currently 27 full-time faculty in the Biomedical Engineering program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and 51 affiliated faculty from the various schools listed above. Research areas include micro/nano medicine, biophotonics, biocomputation and tissue engineering, with clinical emphases in neuroscience, cardiovascular diseases, cancer and ophthalmology.
We are located in the heart of Orange County, the largest concentration of medical device companies in the nation. In addition, we are just 70 miles north of San Diego County, the nation's third largest concentration of biotech companies. The majority of our faculty collaborate and interact with these companies, providing a unique environment to perform relevant research addressing real-world concerns. It also provides for abundant opportunities to familiarize oneself with potential employers during the course of the graduate studies.
- Cell & Tissue Engineering
- Quantitative Physiology: Sensory Motor Systems
- Quantitative Physiology: Organ Transport Systems
- Applied Engineering Mathematics
- Clinical Medicine for Biomedical Engineering
- Seminars in Biomedical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Students should have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering, physical science or biological science discipline
- A cumulative GPA of 3.20 during undergraduate study is recommended for admission into the Biomedical Engineering program
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Both a statement of purpose and personal history statement are required
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.