Such a dual emphasis is consistent both with the University’s identity as a small comprehensive University and with the faculty’s philosophy that education and science are intimately related ventures, each of which benefits from cross-fertilization by the other.
The Department of Psychology at Wake Forest University offers graduate work leading to a research-oriented general MA degree, not a clinical or counseling degree.
The general MA psychology program at Wake Forest is appropriate for students who wish to pursue their education at the Ph.D. level but may not be sure of the area of specialization, who want to strengthen their application for high-quality PhD programs, who wants more individual attention than is typically possible in large PhD programs, and/or want more background in psychology. It is typically the case that our graduate courses transfer to PhD programs, but of course we can’t guarantee this.
The general Master’s program provides a strong basis for selecting a PhD program as well as a strong academic foundation for doctoral work. Most importantly, it provides considerable research experience – with a high degree of individual attention from graduate faculty (graduate student/faculty ration is 2:1). Your personal training would reflect a blend of your interests and the interests of the advisor who you’re paired with. Please see the faculty web page for details on faculty research interests. The department has an excellent record of placing graduates in doctoral programs in all major areas of psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Analysis
- Human Cognition
- Seminar in Social Psychology
- Directed Thesis Research
- Seminar in Developmental Psychology
- Seminar in Personality Research
- Directed Thesis Research
- Biological Research
- Thesis Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 939 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.