Wake Forest University Graduate School of Arts & Sciences offers a Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering in conjunction with the Wake Forest School of Medicine Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Virginia Tech–Wake Forest University School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (SBES).
This unique collaboration draws from faculty, staff, and students at both schools in areas such as tissue engineering, biomedical imaging, nanomedicine and nanobioengineering, biomechanics, neuroengineering, cardiovascular engineering and translational cancer research.
Courses come from engineering and life science core courses and selected electives in engineering, life sciences, and related physical sciences, offerings include courses in the physics, mathematics, and computer science departments.
The Biomedical Engineering program at Wake Forest University is very flexible, and selection of elective courses can be individualized to complement the student’s background and interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Image Analysis Lab
- Movement Biomechanics Lab
- Tissue Mechanics Lab
- Center for Injury Biomechanics
- Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine (WFIRM)
- Radiation Oncology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 291 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.