The 4-semester Communication program at Wake Forest University requires two research methods courses, one in rhetorical theory and criticism, the other in quantitative methods in communication studies. Students select their additional courses from a range of graduate-only seminars or bridge seminars, where they learn in small classes with upper-level undergraduates.
The graduate seminars include the second part of the research method courses in both rhetoric and quantitative design; persuasion; alternative qualitative and quantitative methods; health communication; democratic theory; rhetoric of science; argumentation; public address; social movements; international communication; and many more special topics seminars.
During the first year, students enroll in a Communication Practicum with the Director of Graduate Studies. In this one-hour course, students learn about the field of Communication and develop professional, pedagogical, and research skills. Students also meet individually with each faculty member, learning about her/his research, teaching, and service experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Semantics and Language in Communication
- Classical Rhetoric
- Communication and Ethics
- Communication and Technology
- Public Discourse
- Political Communication
- Seminar in Interpersonal Communication
- Health Communication Campaigns
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 479 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 24 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.