Clinical Psychology from University of Tulsa trains students to do what psychologists actually do in today’s society: ethically apply knowledge of psychological theory, assessment, research methodology and clinical skill to complex clinical problems.
Students at Clinical Psychology from University of Tulsa will:
- achieve familiarity with foundational knowledge of psychology to include four of the following domains: biological bases of behavior, development across the lifespan, theories and principles of social psychology, cognitive psychology, emotions, or history of psychology as a science.
- acquire familiarity with empirically supported treatment modalities and assessment tools;
- achieve knowledge of academic, ethical, and professional standards for psychologists as published by regulatory agencies;
- acquire knowledge of individual and cultural diversity, and be prepared to adapt supervised clinical activities.
- acquire skills that prepare them for doctoral study in clinical psychology or further training in related fields (e.g., counseling, social work).
- Clinical Assessment: Intellectual (and Lab)
- Clinical Assessment: Personality
- Theory and Practice of Clinical Psychology
- Diversity, Ethics, Law, & Clinical Practice
- Scientist-Practitioner-Based Psychotherapy
- Research Methods in Psychology or a graduate psychology elective
- Practicum: Clinic Practicum in Clinical Psychology
- Neuroscience and Psychopharmacology
- Cognitive Psychology
- History of Psychology
- Child Development
- Social Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- International students - allow at least two to three months to complete
- Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships-22/01
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1318 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay)
- 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE Score Results
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Writing Sample (optional) – Examples: undergraduate thesis, manuscript submission, conference paper
- $60 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. will also need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results.
International41670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1389 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.