The program trains students to do what psychologists actually do in today’s society: ethically apply knowledge of psychological theory, assessment, research methodology and clinical skill to complex clinical problems.
Clinical Psychology programs at University of Tulsa are based upon the scientist-practitioner model: we define psychological practice as the application of the theory, methods and results of scientific psychology to clinical problems. Licensing laws of states vary widely, and students should consult the licensing body in the state in which they intend to practice to determine opportunities and requirements for licensure at the master’s level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Assessment: Intellectual (and Lab)
- Clinical Assessment: Personality
- Theory and Practice of Clinical Psychology
- Diversity, Ethics, Law, & Clinical Practice
- Introduction to Scientist-Practitioner-Based Psychotherapy
- Research Methods in Psychology or a graduate psychology elective
- Practicum: Clinic Practicum in Clinical Psychology
- Neuroscience and Psychopharmacology
- Cognitive Psychology
- History of Psychology
- Child Development
- Social Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure.
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 295 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE General Test results
- $60 application fee
International39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.