Internationally recognized as having one of the top petroleum engineering graduate programs in the country, the McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering has more than 500 students.
Petroleum Engineering graduates at University of Tulsa plan and supervise drilling operations and evaluate and manage oil and natural gas reservoirs. They are qualified to work at an oil company, establish a consulting business or become an independent oil producer. Opportunities exist for travel and work overseas.
While teaching is the major goal, the McDougall School of Petroleum Engineering is also committed to discovery of new concepts and technologies in drilling, production and reservoir engineering. The program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.
Graduate students learn advanced petroleum production concepts and collaborate on multi-disciplinary research projects to continue the development of their petroleum engineering skill set and professional careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Petroleum Economics and Property Evaluation
- Formation Evaluation
- Well Construction and Completion Design
- Production Engineering
- Reservoir Engineering
- Artificial Lift Systems
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Well Test Analysis
- Reservoir Simulation
- Two Phase Flow Modeling
- Advanced Drilling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students are advised to allow at least two to three months to complete the entire procedure.
DisciplinesMining, Oil & Gas View 36 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School application
- Statement of Purpose (admission essay).Standard Prompt (500-750 words): 1) Describe your research interests and professional goals. 2) How is TU’s graduate program best suited to help you accomplish these goals? Be specific about how your specialized interests align with TU’s available specialties.
- Certain programs have customized prompts that are detailed in the Special Application Requirements below.
- 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters with a third being optional, but strongly encouraged. Number of letters will be assigned following submission of online application form.
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- GRE General Test results
- $60 application fee
International39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1310 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.