The Master of Landscape Architecture program at Washington University in St. Louis actively fosters disciplinary interaction in its approaches to the organization of our cities and the industrial and agrarian landscapes that support them. We believe that the choreography of social, spatial, political, and natural ecologies is best undertaken through the transdisciplinary operations and languages of landscape, where people and other species exchange patterns of production and inhabitation.
It is with a sense of urgency, then, that we face the challenges of rapid development, climate change, the erosion of public space, unequal living conditions, ecological depletion, and many other issues. New methods, new modes of discovery, new models of inquiry and practice are required. As a medium of critical inquiry and engaged practice, landscape architecture is dedicated to the reformulation of our shared world by enacting new models of environmental research and design.
- Design Representation
- Plants + Environment
- Grading + Landform
- Modern + Contemporary History
- Digital Tools
- Planting Design
- GIS for Site Design
- Visualizing Ecological Process
- Research in the Landscape
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 153 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27088 USD per semester during 36 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27088 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.