Why Get A Masters Degree in Biotechnology Management?
The Biotechnology Management program of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) combines the essential elements of our highly successful Biotechnology Master’s Program with those of several equally successful Master’s of Business Administration Programs. It also capitalizes on a defined area of campus research strength in nanotechnology, tissue engineering and biomedical devices. Finally, as designed, the program provides advanced training in both biotechnology and business management, thereby allowing graduates the flexibility to pursue careers as scientists, as managers, or as both.
The Biotech Management degree will prepare scientists for leadership roles in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and biomedical device based companies, through a curriculum comprised of courses in biotechnology, management, and biomedical engineering. Several courses will be delivered collaboratively by faculty members in biological sciences, engineering and management.
Students will receive advanced training in biotechnology through coursework, a teaching laboratory, and two quarters of independent research in a faculty laboratory of their choosing. They will learn to think as a business manager by solving product development challenges through consulting projects, creating business plans and by exposure to current issues within the biotechnology sector. Developing quantitative and qualitative skills along with business communication skills will be emphasized. Our students will learn about business from the biotechnology perspective and biotechnology from the business perspective, and will be taught to think about their work through the lens of innovation, a crucial view for their careers.
- Responding to Dynamic Times: Thinking Strategically in Business
- Applied Consulting
- New Venture Management
- 2 core biological science courses
- 2 additional graduate level elective courses in biological sciences or biomedical engineering
- 1 teaching laboratory course focusing on essential methods in biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Biotechnology View 1918 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- A BA or BS degree in biological sciences or related discipline and several specific elective and laboratory courses
- Admission to graduate standing in MB&B is generally accorded to those possessing a B.S. degree in biological sciences or an allied field obtained with an acceptable level of scholarship from an institution of recognized standing
- The GRE General Test is not required for any student whose undergraduate GPA is 3.2 or higher, but can be submitted if desired. Students whose undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.2 must submit official GRE scores
- Foreign students will be required to submit a TOEFL score and occasionally a TSE score
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.