If you are thinking about graduate study in civil and environmental engineering, you are familiar with the engineering challenges in infrastructure and the environment facing our society. You also know that the application of new technology and research is crucial.
That’s where Rice comes in. We offer a highly interdisciplinary research experience with strong underpinnings in various scientific and engineering disciplines. They are designed to develop fundamental understanding of structures, infrastructure systems and the environment.
The mission of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program at Rice University is to educate tomorrow’s leaders and enable them to solve complex problems associated with the natural and built environments in which we live.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis
- Engineering Project Development and Management
- Elasticity, Plasticity and Damage Mechanics
- Time Dependent System Reliability Modeling and Analysis
- Matrix/Computational Methods in Structural Mechanics
- Concrete Building Design
- Computational Nanoscience for Green Infrastructure
- Steel Building Design
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Bridge Engineering & Extreme Events
- Foundation Engineering
- Structural Dynamic Systems and Control
- Earthquake Engineering
- Modeling and Analysis of Networked Systems
- Offshore and Marine Systems
- Advanced Stochastic Mechanics
- Applied Monte Carlo Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 218 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.