In the Environmental, Health and Safety Management program of Rochester Institute of Technology students gain a solid technical foundation in air emissions, wastewater, solid and hazardous waste, occupational safety and occupational health (industrial hygiene). Elements of sustainability are integrated into most core courses and some electives.
Management of environmental, health and safety issues has changed significantly in recent years. The emergence of voluntary standards and codes of conduct, including international standards, coupled with the need to manage costs and limited resources, has resulted in a trend to move beyond regulatory compliance. Now, companies work toward sustainability through the use of integrated environmental and management systems, which are woven into key business processes.
Although they are distinct disciplines, environmental management, occupational health, and workplace safety share many technical, regulatory, and organizational characteristics. Today's professionals need to be educated in all three areas. Graduates are employed by Fortune 100 companies, environmental, health and safety consultancies, universities, and government agencies such as the EPA, OSHA, and NYSDEC.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Management
- EHS Management System Design
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Integrating EHS Management
- EHS Internal Auditing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Economics & Policy View 202 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 12 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.