In the electrical engineering master's degree you can customize a specialty of your choosing while working closely with electrical engineering faculty in a contemporary, applied research area.
The Electrical Engineering program from Rochester Institute of Technology gives you the skills to solve business and industry challenges, and deploy high-level solutions to problems affecting the world of engineering technology today.
In the electrical engineering master's degree, you have the option of completing a thesis or graduate paper. For those who choose the graduate paper, an additional course is required. Students may also choose a course-only option with a comprehensive exam. All students are expected to attend an electrical engineering graduate seminar every semester they are on campus.
Typical Job Titles
- Electrical Engineer
- AI Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Controls Engineer
- Firmware Engineer
- FPGA Software Engineer
- Product Development Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Random Signals and Noise
- Communication Networks
- Digital Data Communication
- Engineering Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Information Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 386 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college in engineering or a related field.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.